Sunday, October 31, 2010

halloween week

Victor, IA
population 900
about 60 miles from our house
taken 10/28/2010
NO SNOW!!! YAY!!!


We have had an eventful week -- a few highlights were:

- Driving 100+ miles 2 days this week. This makes me grumpy.

-Seeing our friends Elise & Joel at stake conference. They met in the same ward Cody & I did. Joel & I worked together at BYU and Cody & Elise grew up in the same ward.

-Seeing my old Young Women's President, Jeanna, and her ADORABLE girls (and husband too!), also at stake conference. Jeanna was like a second mother to me, just like so many of my other Young Women leaders.

-Watching the Sound of Music cast reunion on Oprah. I bawled twice. Once when a Vietnam vet talked about how the movie was his refuge while he was deployed AND during this clip (start about 50 seconds in with a box of tissues nearby).



-Watching the Giants dominate in the World Series -- especially their cute rookie catcher.

-Having our first real trick-or-treaters! The only problem is that nobody says 'trick or treat'. They just stand at the door and expect candy. Seriously?

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I love Julie Andrews. She's one awesome woman. And her voice....LOVE.

:: ashley :: said...

i'm so bugged i missed that oprah!

nathan n rachel said...

Boo Giants!