Sunday, October 10, 2010

the best intentions

the sunrise on my way to work a few days ago
yes, i drive to work while the sun is rising

I stink at blogging. It's kind of ironic, because I LOVE reading other people's blogs -- but then I think that nobody could LOVE reading ours :) I know that is far far far from the truth, so I am going to try really hard to jump back on the blogging train. I don't really think that I am going to try to recap everything that has happened since I last blogged, but I will leave you with a few of today's thoughts.
I love Iowa.
I love living on the edge of town and I love not living in the megametropolis that is the Salt Lake & Utah Valleys.
I love driving by corn & bean fields on my way to work. I do not love driving 2000 miles in 2 months of work.
I do not love Iowa's weather when it wakes me up in the middle of the night sounding like a herd of softballs with wings banging into my window. (It really was just an awful rainstorm with super turbo wind.)
I do not love when my kids cough in my face & get me sick. (But, I am not getting as sick as last year.)
I love blogging. And I will blog again, soon :)

6 comments:

Stacie Couch said...

Ok, if this is a vote, I love reading your blog! I am all for you blogging more often :) Midwest weather is crazy. We are on tornado watch for the next couple days....definitely not Utah! This first year of preschool teaching will be rough on my immune system, hopefully next year I won't pick up every little sniffle and cough!

Stacy said...

I love reading your blog, Larkin!!!

Brian & Kyla said...

Of course we like to read your blog!

nathan n rachel said...

Those rainstorms are a whole new experience aren't they? Wait till you get an ice storm.

Sarah boo said...

I'm the same way. Go on Blogger everyday and check my Dashboard to see who has written a new post, but I went 9 months and only posted 2 or 3 times on our blog. But a week or so ago I decided that to get back to blogging. (Especially since I don't scrapbook. If I don't blog my kids will never know what we used to do when they were kids.)

Brent and Katie said...

I blog stock you. :) I like seeing pictures especially!