This week I did 2 things to celebrate our country -- voted & ate at the Hamburg Inn No. 2.
Voting in Iowa is an adrenaline rush! It's a little different to live in a place where the two-party system is, to put it delicately, thriving. I registered on at the polls on Election Day and I thought the lady who helpd me was going to kill over because of my age & my political leanings. Apparently, I am the anomaly here in Iowa City :)
Last night, Cody & I went to dinner at the Hamburg Inn No. 2 -- a very small, dirty, greasy resturant downtown. They served me phenomenal crinkle fries. (I ate them so fast that I didn't have time to take a picture!). I know you are wondering 'What does the Hamburg Inn have to do with America?'. So I will tell you : absolutely nothing.
Just kidding. A few politicians stop by during the Iowa Caucuses -- just people like Mitt, Barak, John (McCain), Ronald (Reagan), Bill (Clinton), among others . . . no big deal.
Well, we thought it was a big deal because we ate there :) Maybe some presidential greatness will rub off on us!
![]() |
| Cody showing off the jelly -- I don't know why. It wasn't that special. Those crinkle fries were special though. |


3 comments:
We ate breakfast there a few years ago to take in the "experience." It was a fun little place.
I LOVE the Hamburg Inn! Now I feel guilty about not voting... good for you for doing it. You are a super citizen. :)
Hmmm....we really need to try this place out. I can't wait to eat there after your review.
Post a Comment