Wednesday, March 30, 2011

twinge

A couple months ago, I accidentally coined a new word - twinge. I meant tinge, but I wrote down twinge. Cody is the only person who has known about this snafu until now :) He lets me hear about it pretty often too!

Along those lines, I have been feeling little twinges (haha) of homesickness today. They have just been coming out of nowhere. It's very frustrating :)

The funniest thing is, I have twinges of homesickness for Iowa when I am in Idaho! Emotions are strange things . . .

I have learned in my 8 years of living away from home that I get homesick when I have to do things that are MILES outside of my comfort zone. I am kind of wimpy, so most slightly uncomfortable situations fall into this category. This week I just want to curl up on my mom's couch while eating one of my dad's ultimate salads.

But, that isn't going to happen - and I am okay with that! I am just so grateful that I grew up in a home that I want to go back to - full of the love, comfort & peace that I crave so often. Thanks, Mom & Dad, for loving your babies enough to provide that for us. You are wonderful :) And, I will be counting on laying on the couch & eating a salad when I come visit in 27 days (but who's counting?).

5 comments:

nathan n rachel said...

twinge--I like it.

Tammi said...

Thanks for making me cry buggy! You my dear would thrive in any home. You are so very loved and a joy to us! Jessie and I were just talking about the blessing of a loving close family tonight. You can do it! They will feel of your love and concern for their child. You are amazing.

taylor elaine said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a countdown. :)

Savannah said...

And guess who is going to be backyard neighbors with your parents in less than 27 days!!?!??! Guess that means you'll have to pay us a visit since we are so conveniently located by your parents?

PS...I made a goal to comment on all my loved ones blogs so they will blog more often :) so get ready for comments galore!! (sp?)

Tricia said...

I love your parents too :)! maybe I'll go over and curl up on their couch and ask for my own salad :)!