Thursday, March 24, 2011

we are alive




Just in case the blogging world noticed our month-long hiatus, I am sending this message to the world : we are still alive!

And, as evidenced by the scenic picture above, we survived our first Iowan winter. It was stinky, frigid, and seemingly eternal. I am not looking forward to next year.

In other news, a killer flu/sinus infection sidelined me for a couple of weeks. It was bad enough that some of my kindergarteners asked me if I was dying.

Speaking of funny student stories, I see a couple of fourth grade girls together. They started talking about their weddings (hello! you are 9 years old!) and their future children. Anyway, one girl said she wanted to name her first boy Goku. She was serious. Yikes!

Cody just informed me that he actually knows the cartoon that Goku is a character in . . . I can't believe I just admitted that on the Internet :) Now, he is claiming that his brothers are responsible for his nerd knowledge - pretty convincingly, I might add.


2 comments:

Brent and Katie said...

So glad that you are back!

Luis Merino said...

In Cody's defense, Goku (and Dragonball Z for that matter) isn't that obscure. I've never seen an episode of this show, but know that that's where Goku comes from.

Poor Cody... I GOT YOUR BACK MAN!! :)