Wednesday, April 6, 2011

my favorite things

It seems like I tend to come up with ideas for blog posts only when I am driving to/from the booming metropolis of Victor,Iowa. For whatever reason, the stretch of highway between here and there with only semi trucks to keep me company really gets my creative juices flowing! I desparetly need those juices because if I were to simply blog about our every day lives, it would sound something like this {all the time}:

Today I hit my snooze button three times before I rolled out of bed. I went to work; Cody went to school. I didn't wear anything vintage or homemade - rural Iowa isn't quite ready for that. (Quite frankly, neither am I). Two of my kids said my hair looked funny; six of them actually worked on their speech goals; and the rest just weren't having any of anything.
I came home; checked the mail, Facebook, and Google Reader; made dinner; asked Cody to turn the tv down; cleaned up after dinner; and went to bed.

Lackluster - right? And that is why I relish any ideas for a blog that will satisfy me, as well as my many fans who get on my case if I don't post semi-consistently (you know who you are!)

With that brief introduction, I present to you my list of favorite things as of today:

> Buying big bags of Coconut M & M's! Available only at Target in the Easter section. I haven't been able to find anything besides the little size anywhere. It's not from a lack of trying either. Please, buy at least one of these bags so that whomever invented the goodness that is coconut m&m's will know they are appreciated :) And so the big bags will continue.

> Our Best Bites. Thanks Stacie, for raving about this blog enough to convince me to check it out. Make the orange-kissed cookies. They will change your life.

DISCLAIMER: These next two posts make it sound like I watch a load of tv. I am uncomfortable with the amount of tv that I have been watching, but I have been sick for the majority of the last 2 months (not an exaggeration).

> Scotty McCreary. He is just the cutest thing to ever hit American Idol! If I were of the voting persuasion, I would vote for him every week. As an added benefit, I think hen looks a little like Cody.

> Parenthood. I started watching this show because all the speech blogs I read were raving about the accuracy of the show's depiction of a little boy with Asberger's. Now, I just love it. The family is dysfunctional, but they love each other just as much - if not more - than any functional family I know. Love it!

> My new favorite game on my iPod is Tiny Wings. It's so dang fun, even rivaling the beloved Angry Birds . . . I even nabbed the high score for about seven minutes (until Cody found out I beat his score and tore the iPod out of my hands & played it until the battery died and the high score was regained).

Until inspiration strikes again :)

3 comments:

Luis Merino said...

I watch Parenthood too. Good show. :)

taylor elaine said...

I spend a lot of my free time watching NCIS. I've almost convinced myself to cancel graduation and change major so I can become a forensics analyst. Thankfully Lance keeps me on track.

Stephanie B said...

I don't know if you remember the pancakes and syrup that Kim & I made for you last christmas? The syrup recipe is from that blog. Man, I want their cookbook.