Tuesday, May 31, 2011

miscellaneous may memories

This post is brought to you by two totally unrelated things that happened in May.

PART ONE:


We had an epic weather day - tornado sirens; hailstorms; flash flooding; house-shaking thunderstorms - just normal Iowa spring weather :)


Cody sang me several renditions of 'My Favorite Things' during the thunderstorm, but ditched me during the hailstorms to collect the half-dollar sized hail pieces.


And I took pictures from safely inside our undamaged house.

PART TWO:
We hung out with Mitt! And hopefully more presidential candidates . . .
One sweet perk of living in Iowa is that politicians actually care about getting your vote. What a novel concept! Consequently, there are plenty of opportunities to meet the candidates - rub shoulders with them - and get a real-life, in-person chance to form an opinion of them. But I digress . . .


Our fabulous neighbors invited us to a BBQ for Mitt Romney last weekend. We headed up to a beautiful farm - the main event was inside the neatest barn I have ever laid eyes on. We walked in and Mitt was right there - just hanging out & chatting with people like nobody's business. Of course, Cody walked right up to say hey - without me. I was too star struck to move :)


I did get myself together in time to sit behind Mitt during his speech, get my picture taken with a Mitt campaign sign & try to push my way up to the man himself (which resulted in the above picture).
Overall, I was very impressed with my first presidential candidate experience. Mitt seemed down to earth and very determined to have a better showing this election. Good luck Mitt! Maybe next time you visit we can get a better picture - and I will do my part by actually brushing my hair before our next rendezvous :)

No comments: