Tuesday, May 31, 2011

pink eye

{fyi - there are pictures of a grossly infected eye in this post - in case that makes you squeamish}

Last week, I woke up for work & my eye hurt like crazy. I thought it was only my allergies - then I looked in the mirror. This is what I saw:






Definitely NOT allergies . . .

Luckily, our neighbor is an opthamology resident and gave me the scoop about how to recover fully from the wrath of pink eye.

Just in case you ever get pink eye, here is what you need to do:
- stay home from work for 3 days. This is particularly important if it is the last week your schools are in session and you really need to be at work.
- encourage your spouse to sleep on the couch (because the little germies are all over the king size bed & pillows . . . so you can have the bed all to yourself); stop working on anything important to his schooling so he can check on how pink your eye is every two and a half minutes; and bring you frosties at least once each day
- every hour on the hour, call your mom to whine about having to stay inside when the weather is beautiful outside. Consistency is key on this step, right mom?
- sleep 12 hours each day (10 at night, with a 2 hour nap in the afternoon)
- watch your teeny-bopper crush win American Idol :)


1 comment:

wendy said...

holy moly Larkin! my eyes are watering just looking at those pictures! I hope your eye is no longer pink for your sake and for poor Cody's. :)