Sunday, November 25, 2007

fourth and eighteen

My first BYU v Utah game was a blast! We had amazing seats in the south endzone -- which happened to be where ALL of the exciting action happened. I tried to stay warm with my sweet Women's Carhartt beanie and long johns courtesy of my dad's store, but we were in the shade the whole time so it got a little chilly. I also attribute me looking stoned in this picture to the temperature. The game was just great from a defensive standpoint and got really exciting when Max Hall threw a bomb right towards us on fourth and eighteen that Austin Collie caught. I thought I was going to die -- especially when Harvey Unga scored the winning touchdown in OUR endzone. Go Cougs!

The defense pulled through with 38 seconds left and the instant the game clock hit 0, Cody rushed the field. I opted out of the field-rushing because the crowd reminded me of the mosh pit at the Smashing Pumpkins concert. I think that I might have been a little bit safer here, but I wasn't willing to take that risk.

Being brave paid off for Cody. He had the honor of escorting Max to the stage for some presentation because we were the conference champions. By escorting, I really mean hoisting some giant football player onto his shoulders with the help of three other dudes and fighting through the crowd. What a hunk! (Cody, not Max). He also scored this killer picture. Doesn't the crowd in the background make for a stunning effect?

Just so I can have my fifteen minutes of fame, I saw Elders Wirthlin, Holland, Scott and Bednar while I was waiting for Cody outside of the stadium. I guess I was in good company by not rushing the field :)

Anyway, we had a phenomenal time . . .

Ra ra ra ra ra --- GO COUGARS!!!!!!!!

No comments: