Tuesday, July 29, 2008

explanation/first anniversary

I know I haven't written on my blog for a while . . . 21 days to be exact, but there is a really good explanation. We have been on vacation (a post about that later), moving (a post about our new apartment will be coming when we move in), working (me doing speech/GSS & Cody at his new HR manager job -- woo hoo!), interviewing for internships (me), taking care of our families, and trying not to go crazy.

Last weekend we celebrated our first anniversary in style in Jackson and at my aunt & uncle's cabin near Palisades Resevoir. My grandparents have a cabin nearby, so it was fun to be somewhere that I remember from my childhood. We had quite the shopping trip in Jackson -- it ended after a wild goose chase for a t-shirt I saw at the beginning of the 3 hour extravaganza. Cody bought Crocs, so now we are twinners. We ate at a delish mexican place, El Abuelito. I would highly recommend it to everyone.













Then we drove to the cabin. I hadn't ever been to the one we stayed at before. It was posh :) There were several bedrooms . . . we set up camp in the one with a wall-mounted flat screen tv & dvd player. I know, our life is tough. I thought the fireplace was gorgeous, so I took a picture of Cody sitting on it. I also loved this painting that they have hanging up -- it's a special one in my family. Each room had a theme! There was the Moose Room, the Bear Room, the Idaho Room, the Bird Room, the Cowboy Room & the Fish Room. I might have forgotten one or two . . . Anyway, we took my picture in the Fish Room because I caught a real fish BY MYSELF while we were camping! I am not even kidding :) There will be an entire post devoted solely to that story.






We walked over to my grandparent's cabin so I could show Cody the exact location of some of my favorite memories. I think my favorite part of our trips to Idaho when I was little was going to the cabin to sled, snowmobile, play, sleep, eat, ride motorcycles, go on walks along the beach. It was quite the enchanted place -- and still is! I'm pretty sure I could live there and be perfectly happy. We even found a mug I made when I was a whopping 2 years old. When we came in from playing in the snow, it was always magically full of hot cocoa. Strangely enough, it was always full of cold water when I came in from playing it the sun. What a mug!

All in all, we had a fantastic anniversary . . . it was just perfect -- especially since we still like each other!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, that cabin sounds awesome. I'm glad you guys got a break from busy life and had fun!

Jen said...

Anniversaries are the best when you still like each other. :D

:: ashley :: said...

Happy 1st year! You made it through the 1st year, the rest are a piece of cake ;) like I know but hey, at least I can say the 2nd year will be! And- thanks for babysitting tonight. You guys are the best!

Christen said...

Happy Anniversary you love birds!

I was so bummed that I didn't make it up to IF. It would have been so cool to get a picture of you with Larkin. Maybe next year?!

The Cook Clan said...

Congrats!! Wow, the cabin looks like so much fun. After the first year it is cake from there. :) And many more to come.