Thursday, July 3, 2008

t-shirt quilt

Don't laugh. I sewed something (with a LOAD of help from Cody's mother and sisters). Here are a few stories behind the t-shirts:

2nd row, maroon shirt: When I was in 8th grade, I went to the state Geography Bee -- yes, they really have those. Yes, I was/am a nerd :)
2nd row, sky blue shirt: Cody & I went to a Jazz playoff game this year. When we got there, these monstrous t-shirts were on every single seat in the arena. The rest of the amazing story is here.
3rd row, white bear shirt: When Cody was a senior in high school, some tool company big wig randomly invited him on a vacation to Alaska. This shirt was one (of many) souvenirs.
5th row, teal shirt: According to the tales I have heard, Cody lived in this shirt his sophomore year of high school. Legend has it that he never put down his guitar during the same era . . . but correlation does NOT imply causation (according to Drs. Harris & Channell).

A gigantic thank you to everyone who helped on this little project :)

5 comments:

Tammi said...

Woo! Hoo! That looks like a really "memorable" quilt. . .lots of memories in the t-shirts and in making it:) I particularly enjoyed seeing Kramer, a revolver, and Spam front and center!

Luis Merino said...

What about the 4th row? And that sweet looking green shirt!? :)

Larkin said...

TST needs no explanation :)

Shan said...

Um, you are incredibly cute! I'm so glad that you found my blog because that helped me find your blog! Would you mind if I linked your blog to mine? Love you!

L.M. Steimle said...

hello my love! this quilt is AWESOME! i looove it! how are you doing? where are you and cody living what is new with the cutest couple ever?