I feel kind of guilty for blackmailing people to get comments . . . but probably not guilty enough to never do it again :)
Does anybody besides me remember that old church movie 'Out of the Mouths of Babes'?
Well, I am thinking about carrying around a concealed video camera (is that even legal?) to create my own 'Out of the Mouths of Babes'. Or maybe it will just become a recurring series on this blog. Anyway, here is the latest installment -- short & sweet:
I went to a fourth-grade classroom to meet some of my new kiddos. Within about 2 seconds, I heard a little whisper from the back, "Who is that lady? She is pretty!".
And for the record, I did NOT look that nice yesterday. Or maybe I did. Is it ever a good thing if a 9 year old thinks you look nice? I just can't decide.
6 comments:
Larkin- you are ALWAYS pretty! And this is coming from a 5th year college student :) I think people of all ages would agree with me!
I agree, you do always look pretty! I love hearing what the kids say as I walk by. Usually it's "look, she's pregnant!!" (I swear kids here have never seen someone who's going to have a baby), but I would be happy for some "pretty" comments like yours. Your job sounds great (minus the travel)!
:) That's so cute. I agree with the others - you always look pretty. That has to make your day!
I love the solicitation of comments. Maybe I should try that sometime myself. It's amazing to find how many people read every post on your blog, but never seem to comment. It's a good reminder. :)
Have a great weekend.
Definitely a good thing! I was always a judgemental kid, and liked the pretty teachers best. I'm glad it's going well. And it's true, you do always look pretty Larkin!
what a wonderful thing to overhear! Larkin, you have always been so stylish, I'll bet you blew them away!
Hey...you found our blog and I found yours. :)
Post a Comment