Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Mesa Falls Adventure

This past weekend I went home for a few days. Sunday after church, my mom made some sandwiches, packed some water bottles and loaded Dave, dad & I into the car for a picnic.



My dad drove -- which is really wild, because he normally doesn't. We were driving through a construction zone when my mom spotted a police car behind us. And the lights were on. Come to find out, my dad was going 62 in a 45 mph zone. He didn't have his driver's license, the current insurance was on the desk at home AND the registration tags on our license plate had fallen off. Yikes! Dave and I were dying in the backseat . . . my mom was freaking out and my dad was sweating bullets. After a few minutes of deliberation, the police officer came back and gave my dad warnings for everything except the failure to carry the most recent insurance. But, that ticket can be waived if he mails a copy of his insurance to the courthouse. Hilarious!



We eventually made it to our destination, Mesa Falls. We had a wonderful lunch, took some scenic pictures and pretty much had a phenomenal time.

2 comments:

J.S. said...

Where is Mesa Falls? This place looks beautiful...

Jesse said...

Hey Lark. J/K. Remember me? I followed your link off of Jessika's blog. Congrats on the upcoming nuptuals! How exciting. You can see what our little family has been up to on our blog as well.

Take care friend. I'll be checking up on you...

Jesse