Wednesday, June 6, 2007

watch out chloe

My mom and brother, David, are on vacation in Chicago right now. They took my brother's laptop with them so they could get directions from Mapquest every morning -- but they ran into a little problem. There is no internet connection at their hotel!
So, I have been getting phone calls every morning before work that go like this:

Mom: Good morning! Did I wake you up?
Me: Not really . . .
Mom: Is anything fun going on today?
Me: Not really . . . just getting ready for work.
Mom: Could you Google how to get to (this is the part where she tells me where they are going that day) from our hotel?
Me: Sure Mom.

Cody thinks that it is pretty funny and has started calling me Chloe -- like the Chloe from 24 that always rescues Jack Bauer because she is sitting at CTU and he is having all the fun not at CTU.

I am proud to say that I successfully guided Mom and Dave from a random location in downtown Chicago to TGI Friday's while they were about ready to die from hunger. I gave them block-by-block updates for about 35 minutes. They told me that they were forever indebtted to me for rescuing them. Maybe being a speech-pathologist isn't my true calling in life :)

No comments: