Thursday, April 17, 2008

hiccups

I have been hiccuping like crazy lately. I will just be minding my own business, then all of the sudden the hiccups start. It's ridiculous. If anybody has any suggestions about how to make them stop, PLEASE let me know. ***hiccup***

5 comments:

Heather said...

I really hope your hiccups are gone by now, but just in case... my husband's family will strike a match and drop it into a glass of water and then drink the water. Strangely enough it has worked for me every time, but it's probably not valid... kind of like oral motor exercises.

Sara said...

Eww, I hate hiccups! To get rid of mine, I go about it very scientifically. It's my diaphragm that's spasming, so I control my breathing in and out. Big, controlled, extended breaths in. Long, controlled breaths out. They usually go away after about a minute of doing that.

Good luck!

k.young said...

When I get them, I just hold my breath. But I only got hiccups a ton when I was pregnant :)

Jen said...

Hi Larkin! I'm with Katie, I have hiccups now that I'm pregnant and it always seems to intensify when I answer the phone, go figure. I haven't figured out how to get rid of them yet but I'll try some of the above mentioned methods now.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.