Sunday, April 6, 2008

yum . . . . babies . . . . homework

On Friday, Cody & I went to the grocery store at 10:15-ish on our way home from the Jazz game (which was absolutely phenomenal for the record). We were ready for dinner, but needed something as low-effort as possible. Lucky for us, I wandered by a display of Tontino's frozen pizzas. These pizza were a staple food in our house growing up -- we would always have them Sundays after church or for late night snacks on the weekends. But the thing was, my dad would always make these killer delicious salads to go with them -- so I thought the pizzas were good by association. Just to clarify things: the pizzas are NOT good without a dad salad to go with them. Unfortunately, I learned this the hard way :)


In other news, I went to my sister-in-law's baby shower last night with Cody's mom and sisters. It was pretty fun . . . Cody woke me up at the crack of dawn (translation: 8:55) to see if I wanted to go get a gift before conference started. This is what we picked out:
We also got a little pair of olive khaki shorts to go with it. I discovered that shopping for baby clothes/toys/blankets/anything is really fun. And, our new little nephew will probably get sick of me getting things for him :)
After the shower we went to Coldstone -- always delish -- and watched Dan in Real Life. It was pretty good, except I couldn't really bring myself to laugh because I felt so sad for the main character the whole time!
The best news of the weekend is that my prospectus is finally finished (in a very very very rough form). Can I just tell you how excited I am to write a thesis? Sick!

3 comments:

:: ashley :: said...

yay! and we loved the clothes so much! i just noticed that tag thing below and i will have to do that sometime this week! thanks again for coming yesterday and you and cody have great taste in clothes!

Rach said...

I agree, shopping for baby things is super fun. Clothes are so much more adorable when they are miniature. Plus, they can get away with a shirt that says "big time drooler." Not exactly endearing once you hit about 3 years.

k.young said...

Baby clothes are so cute! And totinos pizzas are bad, huh?!