Friday, June 13, 2008

sick day

When I was in elementary school, I thought staying home because you were sick was a blast. I would watch movies, eat popsicles, get doted on, re-read every book I owned . . . delightful! Today I learned that sick days in graduate school are not as wonderful. Even though I haven't gotten out of bed, I have managed to study for a final, take a final, drink two bottles of Gatorade, miss out on hanging out with our friends from New Mexico who are in town, go through an entire box of tissues, feel pretty pathetic, and eat some strawberries and BBQ chips. My plan for the rest of the day is to watch Dan in Real Life, take a nap and a long, hot shower. If that doesn't make me feel better, I don't know what will!

5 comments:

Rach said...

I'm sorry you are feeling sick--that's the worst! At least Dan in Real Life will make you laugh. If you can still breathe at that point.

Sara said...

Ugh, being sick when you're older really stinks. Too many things to feel guilty about not doing because you're down for the count.

Get better soon! :)

Stacy said...

hm, you know, it is friday the 13th. bad luck! I hope you get feeling better soon!

The Cook Clan said...

Yeah, that stinks to have to be sick and stay home when ya grow up huh?

Laura said...

Ok, finals when you are sick is just cruel. I had the same experience, except mine was a stomach flu, so that was really fun- I had to keep a bowl very near me just in case...I'll skip the rest of those details! Hope you're having fun on your extended vacation from the Taylor Building!