Monday, August 11, 2008

going to grandma's

This weekend, I took a 20-hour trip to visit my grandma, aunts & uncles in Casper, WY. It zoomed by . . . and I still haven't caught up on the sleep . . . but it was totally worth it. I squeezed in a delish Italian dinner, a mad game of Catch Phrase and a whole lot of visiting. All of my dad's siblings were there too, which doesn't happen very often. (I forgot my camera, but this is a picture of all of them from my wedding.)
They are all so rad -- my Uncle Pat is the epitome of cool, my Aunt Susan is so genuine, my dad is my dad!, my grandma makes me feel like a million bucks, my Uncle Steve is practically my second dad, my Uncle John is always cheerful and interested in what's going on with me, and my Uncle Rod knows everything and is so hilarious!
I was the only out-of-town grandchild around for a while -- I felt like a total diva :) I also felt like a little girl the whole time, because most of my Casper memories are from when I lived there (ages 0-5ish). My grandma moved several years ago and I hadn't seen her new house before, so it was fun to visit and realize that it wasn't grandma's house that I loved visiting so much, it was the feeling in grandma's house.

Thanks to Katey for the ride to the airport, Dave for the buddy pass & Cody for picking me up early on his first Saturday without work in 5 years :) You guys are great!

2 comments:

Katey said...

I'm glad you had fun!

Sara said...

It sounds like it was a great time! Those Hopkins folk sure know how to have a good time :)