Me: I'm going to put these headphones on your ears now.
1st grade girl: I have holes in my ears because they are pierced.
Me: Hi! What's your name?
6th grade boy: Bobby (which isn't his real name). I need to teach you something before we start.
Me: Okay . . .
Boy (doing weird motions with his hands): In alien sign language, this means 'we come in peace'; this means 'we come in war'; and this means 'we come to eat ice cream'.
Snotty 5th grade girls after surveying the other ladies doing hearing screenings: I want her (me!) to do mine.
As soon as I finished with one kid, the whole group of them would raise their hands and wave them around like they were trying to fly or something. Weird!
9th grade girl rubbing her head: Ow!
I had just pulled out a wad of her hair when I took the headphones off. Whoops :)
Me: Hi! What's your name?
3rd grade girl: Clarissa. But you can call me Chloe.
7 comments:
That' great you get to meet so many kids! :) Eric just had his hearing screening too, he had to show me when he came home how they made him raise his hand when he heard the beep.
Oh I especially liked the alien sign language. I was never that creative (or weird?) as a kid.
hilarious, and so typical of a 1st grader to tell anything and everything she can about the topic you bring up (ears)
any chance you're doing hearing screenings at mt mahogany on friday? thats when my class is getting tested!
that is so cute, i love it.
hat is stinky hilarious!! i laughed out loud! kids do say the darndest things...hahahaha
Um, the alien sign language was by far my favorite. It makes you wonder if he is very creative or just copying older siblings...?
Hahahaha .... precious. :)
Post a Comment