Thursday, August 7, 2008

my hips don't lie

Our friends Luis and Natalia got married yesterday! Luis was my first real friend when I moved to Branbury Apartments almost three years ago and Natalia is one of my favorite people -- she has the greatest laugh :) They make such a wonderful couple!

At their reception last night, Cody talked me into Latin dancing -- Luis' family is from Honduras & Natalia's family is from Brazil, so there was definitely an abundance of Latin blood. Needless to say, the tall white girl who couldn't move her hips to the beat to save her soul (a.k.a. me) stood out like a sore thumb. It was quite the adventure and pretty dang fun . . . until this morning when I was so sore I could barely get out of bed. I think that was my body telling me to never make a fool of myself in public again.

Cody, on the other hand, can shake it Latin style -- he fit right in. It was so hilarious! We both had a great time though, and couldn't be happier for the newlyweds!

No comments: