So, last night Hillcrest (my high school) played in the Idaho State Championship football game. It may not sound remarkable to very many people, but . . . the team was riding a 22 game LOSING streak!! Cody found a site where we could watch the live webcast of the game, which was wonderful. The announcers kept begging people to email their shoutouts -- we decided to since we wanted the announcers to tell us about the game instead of begging. This is what we said :
"I am a former Hillcrest Knight watching the game with my husband in Utah -- it is great to see them with a winning season (something I never witnessed when I was a student there!)
I'm even trying to teach my husband the fight song :) Hillcrest Knights! Show your might!"
Then, not even five minutes after I had sent the email, they read it -- right when Jerome scored a touchdown. Oh the irony!! Anyway, I pooped out at halftime, but Cody woke me up when the game was over to tell me Hillcrest won. Then I turned back over and fell asleep . . . with a smile on my face :)
2 comments:
I'm so glad they won! Even though they aren't MY school of choice anymore, it's still good to see them come back from such a bad season last year. Go Knights!
WHAT TIME IS IT?????
Post a Comment