Saturday, May 24, 2008

last weekend

So, I know that this post is WAY overdue -- but its been a crazy week, to say the least. Last weekend, Cody & I took a phenomenal trip to Idaho for my mom's birthday/Camille's dance recital. We had an awesome party for my mom on Friday night while we watched the Jazz get demolished by the Lakers -- it included all of the junk food imaginable and a delish ice cream cake. It was really fun to see Dave & Jessie too . . . I wish that they were closer so we could hang out more.
On Saturday, I went to a baby shower with my mom and saw a ton of my favorite people from my parent's ward. We played the infamous 'what-candy-bar-is-melted-in-this-diaper' game and I decided that was really gross. The idea has merit, but the follow-through is another story. After the shower, we snagged Dave & Cody to get lunch and a sunburn :) It was the first time in history that Cody has been to Idaho Falls without the weather being terrible. He didn't believe me that sometimes the weather is normal! That night we hit up Camille's dance recital. I always forget what an amazing dancer she is until I see her doing all these leaps and twirls and shakes - wow! Plus she looks about 10 years older with all of her makeup :) After the recital, we had a MarioKart Wii party at our house. For the record, I beat Robert and Tanner -- it was probably the first time in my LIFE I beat either of those two in any type of video game. I might have smoked Rob at Oregon Trail once or twice . . . We even got my mom and dad to play. They were pretty good -- I think they are secretly addicted.
We came back to Utah on Sunday, but not before a fun visit with Grandma. She just cracks me up! She showed us this old picture of her dad when he was a boy and the original settlement of Ririe, ID. (Yes, that is a real town and I like it there.) It was really cool to check it out, which is probably the history buff in me. All in all, the weekend passed way too fast -- but we had a really great time! And will be going back ASAP :)

No comments: