Today I had an epiphany about how incredibly lucky I have been in my graduate studies thus far . . .
Since starting graduate school, I have been under the tutelage (in my humble opinion) some of the greatest and most cutting-edge minds in speech pathology. I get to listen to their thoughts about some really interesting topics in both lecture style & conversational settings. I am pretty sure I would have been thrilled if only one person I came in contact with was like this -- but it's not one person or even two! It seems like it's everybody :) How great is that!
I am also starting to realize the uniqueness of a degree from BYU that emphasizes aspects of communication that are so personalized, specialized, and gospel-oriented. I have heard from several people to utilize the spirit when working with others . . . and I know that there have been days when I have used all of the inspiration imparted to me (and wished that there was more coming). I feel like I am learning to make a difference in somebody's life, not just theories and treatements and IEPs and flouroscopies.
And to make things even better, I just discovered that Cody has an uncanny talent of making delish bean dip! (Honestly, did you really think that this post was going to be entirely serious?)
1 comment:
I agree... I always said I would never go to BYU, but I'm really glad I did!
Post a Comment