I loved this movie not only because I knew the winning word in the National Spelling Bee, but also because it addressed a serious subject (refusing to excel because you are afraid to be different) in a lighthearted way. I learned a few sweet words along the way and marveled the gaps in serveral actors' front teeth. Best line: "Akeelah, kick that guy's butt, b-u-t-t, butt!"
This movie was better than I expected . . . I kinda liked it actually. I didn't feel stupid that all of the references to the first 3 movies went over my head and all the alien talk wasn't as weird as I expected. There were some pretty hilarious scenes -- Harrison Ford has still got the Indiana Jones thing going on. Best line: "Why isn't he in school?"
In all honesty, I was a little nervous about this movie. But, what bad can happen watching a chick flick late at night eating chocolate covered gummy bears and popcorn and being wrapped up in your favorite blanket? Not much. I might acutally watch this one again . . . even though it was totally predictable. Best line: "Benny and the jets . . ."
Okay, I don't really know if that is the best line, because I don't remember any other ones :) It was late!



1 comment:
I think the best line in the movie was part of Benny and the Jets scene but it was when one of them said "she's got electric boobs." I liked that movie despite it's predictability, I'd watch it again too.
Post a Comment